A friend of ours invited us to this event at their church. It was so nice and meaningful for everyone! There was a live nativity and even a place to dress as shepherds and men and women of Bethlehem and have pictures made! The church served delicious “shepherd’s stew” and potato soup. The town of Bethlehem was so great….as we entered the gates we passed Roman soldiers and then stopped to sign the census….after that there were about twenty booths…olive oil pressing, potter’s wheel, dying cotton, wood chopping, bread baking, candle dipping, weaving, and more…..We had a great night!
Posts Tagged ‘christmas activities’
Posted in Holidays, tagged 101 in 1001 days, amaryllis, Christmas, christmas activities, elf on the shelf, Family Christmas ideas, Friendship Tea Mix, Happy Birthday Jesus party, hershey kiss advent calendar, kids christmas, snowman soup, The Night Tree on November 29, 2009| 1 Comment »
The anticipation of Christmas is the most fun! Going along with my “list making and idea planning” in my 101 in 1001 days. I am going to write out a list of all the things I would like to do this Christmas season. Starting November 30 – Jan 6. This list is in random order.
1. Put the Christmas lights on the tree before we decorate it together!
2 Put Christmas lights up outside.
3. Wrap all the Christmas books up and let the girls open one everyday to read before Christmas.
4. Have a Christmas color day where everything is Red and Green.
5. Make granola gospels.
6. Throw a “Happy Birthday Jesus” party.
7. Memorize Luke 2: 1-14.
8. Read through Handel’s Messiah Family Advent Reader.
9. Send Christmas Cards with Christmas picture.
10. Feed the birds…Make bird food….string cranberries and popcorn and hang outside on trees. Read Eve Bunting’s The Night Tree.
11. Take husband out to dinner and to Laminaria Event at Botanical Gardens.
12. Make Friendship tea mix. What could use instead of Tang? Let me check at Whole Foods for some alternative! 😉
13. Decorate Gingerbread House.
14. Make reindeer food to spread on lawn.
15. Study six names of Jesus.
16. Take someone a “meal in a basket”.
17. Operation Christmas Child
18. Read Jotham’s Journey.
19. bake cookies and ice with confectioners sugar icing.
20. Go to Night in Bethlehem at a church.
21. Go to Candle light Handel’s Messiah at Phoenix Symphony.(purchased tickets :))
22. Go to Christmas lights walk through neighborhood.
23. Do family service project.
24. Get a picture with Santa...
25. Go on hotel date with hubby…
26. Ride around and look at Christmas lights
27. Have a hot chocolate night and watch Christmas movie..
28. Make Starbucks cranberry bliss bars.
29. Listen to Christmas music..Add Christmas music to playlist
30. Attend Christmas Eve service.
31. Zoo lights
32. Go to the movies (Christmas Carol)
33. Go to the town Christmas parade.(missed this again this year….)
34. Go to Hometown Christmas at library. (missed this again this year!:()
35. Make Hershey Kiss advent calendar. Lisa Welchel’s Adventures in Christmas has some great ideas.
36. Kiss hubby underneath the mistletoe! 😉
37. Make and take gifts to neighbors. Maybe the Friendship tea this year or Hot Chocolate mix.
38. Plan and buy the Christmas outfits.
39. Grow an Amaryllis. (force bulb)
40. Put out the Nativity and the lumanaries Christmas Eve.
41. Make snowman soup and deliver as gifts.