I saw this on Amy Blayliss’ blog. I have been wanting to come up with my list for a couple of months now!
The following are the guidelines which I got from her site. Please visit her at her blog. She has a lot of interesting info and insight.
Creating your own 1001 Day Project
I started this list on August 24, 2008. Here is what I have done so far….
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as new year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Some common goal setting tips:
1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.
2. Stay Focused. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.
3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.
4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.
5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.
1. Organize and use a Home Management Notebook.
2. Make and use weekly menu plans.
3. Ask husband “What can I do to help you today?”….everyday.(getting better….work in progress W.I.P)
4. Help husband get his blog designed and going for his new business.
5. Plan date nights with husband which includes obtaining babysitters etc..(have planned and implemented several…W.I.P)Took Hubby to Vegas to Phantom of Opera on a surprise date weekend!
6. Get personal trainer certification.(enrolled in classes both at community college and online test preps)
7. Save money needed for daughter’s dental procedure due in January 2009 – $1800.
8. Look into dental insurance – calculate the costs.
9. Learn to use folders on the computer.
10. Make back up pictures on computer(had someone do it for me on old computer now need to back up new computer and can check this off my list)
11. Get a “My husband rocks…t-shirt” www.frommetees.com (wear it all the time!!!)
12. Put girls recitals on YouTube so family can join in the fun.
13. Put shelf liners in the pantry.
14. Catalog all books and curriculum using Google spreadsheet .
15. Plant garden.
16. Plant an herb garden.
17. Plant a gardenia on east side of house.
18. Paint Living Room.
19. Wallpaper guest bathroom.(or paint)
20. Paint girls rooms.
21. Get a new bedspread for master bedroom.
22. Frame and hang all pictures starting with master bedroom.
23. Paint master bathroom.
24. Organize shelf in master bathroom.
25. Buy a new mattress and bed frame for master bedroom.(bought bed frame not mattress yet)
26. Renew BLS.
27. Finish ECCO online class.
28. Get important papers off office bullentein boards and into files.
29. Schedule for Christmas card picture in October.
30. Get all Christmas cards mailed BEFORE Christmas – Hire a photographer to take pictures at the annual Christmas concert at the Princess to use in the Christmas card.
31. Make a Holiday planning notebook.
32. Have an Elsie Dinsmore Christmas tea.
33. Make learning posters for pre-k.
34. Take all unused clothes to Salvation Army or Goodwill 3X per year.
35. Give baby items to neighbor who needs them.
36. Write Thank You notes.
37. Take girls each month out on their “birthday” date .
38. Have weekly schedule posted on large white board.
39. Re-organize and use devotional basket.
40. Complete at least 5 hours exercise each week.
41. Lose 10 pounds.
42. Log exercise and turn it into ECHO program at hospital for credit.
43. Organize bookshelves with books into categories .
44. Take pictures of girls projects.
45. Go on at least one nature walk per week with girls.
46. Keep prayer obligations.
47. Make a prayer guide using Lisa Wechel’s Guide to Prayer for Busy Woman and have in Home Management.
48. Make a list of family reading books for this year.
49. Make a list of family devotional reading for this year.
50. Make and enforce a reading pathway list with prize at end.
51. Run Lemonade Stand at least 2 more times for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
52. Place bins in van for each girls “things” and one for mom too!
53. Keep a record of all books listened to on tape/dvd.
54. Utlize the 6 basket system in laundry room (buy 2 more baskets).
55. Clean those two boxes out over washing machine.
56. Keep a list of what is in the freezer.
57. Fertilze trees and plants. Research proper care of citrus trees.
58. Reseed lawn for winter grass.
59. Take girls to an opera. (Phantom of the Opera)
60. Take girls to symphony. (Handel’s Messiah)
61. Take girls to a ballet. (Nutcracker)
62. Have piano tuned.
63. Do something with courtyard in front of house (pavers?) (patio furniture)?.
64. Clean off back porch – move rocking chairs downstairs and get some patio furniture so we can do some school outside.
65. Hang a porch swing.
66. Create a t-shirt for our homeschool, purchase and wear.
67. Get a fish aquarium.
68. Tile kitchen and and living room and hall.(scored concrete flooring)
69. Celebrate grandparents day (September 7th).
70. Have a cultural dinner one night per month and invite quests.
78. Get all books on a bookshelf and off the floor.
79. Organize school room desk and files.
80. Have all old photos put on disc slide show.
81. Join DAR.
82. Join girls in CAR (Children of the American Revolution)
83. Finish baby books.
84. Take a meal to a family in need at least once per month.
85. Read the entire Bible using The New Inductive Study Bible.
86. Go on camping trip.
87. Clean and organize dresser in master bedroom.
88. Find a Naturpath MD that I trust.
89. Change primary care Doctor.
90. Obtain medical records and keep in a file.
91. Purchase Rosetta Stone French Homeschool Program.
92. Clean off top shelf of master closet.
93. Clean out and organize storage closet under stairs.
94. Have school pictures done through EVCHE.
95. Implement the reward system using the “poker” chips
96. Get all CD’s together in one book.
97. Put all DVD’s in one book type holder.
98. Organize all movies and have them labeled and put out of sight.
99. Participate in a science fair with girls.
100. Participate in a history fair.
101. Make copies and organize “important paper file”.
102. Hang other upper case living sayings already purchased.
103. Keep a log of movies watched.
104. Schedule annual womens exam…mamagram…etc…
105. Utilize CE Direct and take at least 10 continuing ed online classes per year.
106. Go to one nursing live seminar per year. If possible, exercise related or something husband could attend and benefit from as well.
107. Get a screen door for front door.(Have someone coming out for measurments)
108. Keep a record of unit studies and resources taught in co-op in co-op folder and blog.
109. Administer the Stanford Achievement to girls.
110. Label all cords to what they belong to with a stickey.(they are all in one box!)
111. Pack and keep swim bag in car for last minute swimming at gym. This includes CLEAN swimsuits and towels, swim toys etc…(W.I.P.)….it has been there most of the time.
112. Always keep “picnic” basket stocked in car….forks, spoons, paper plates, bowls. cups, napkins, and wipes…for lunches on go from the grocery store.
113. Keep picnic blanket in car for spur of moments picnics to park.
114. Buy some cracked wheat and keep in car to feed ducks at park. They don’t allow to feed bread.
115. Plan romantic picnic just for husband.
116. Set up “quiet time” areas for the girls with bean bags.
117. Learn how to use digital camera more effeciently…download all pictures to disks and computer and put into files.
118. Get all Flat Stanley projects back within 4-6 weeks depending upon agreement.
119. Have photographer do some shots just of husband and I at a different time family Christmas pictures are done.
120. Have Christmas presents purchased for MS family members before leaving for trip in Nov.
121. Learn to use the scanner.
122. Send cards to nieces for all holidays.
123. Do something about the “important memory drawer” in dresser. Maybe a trunk? Not one more thing can be stuffed in there.
124. Complete the timeline book with Mystery of History as we go through the book.
125. Go on a family hike. (Hubby has taken the girls twice while I was working)
126. Take in-laws at least one meal per week.
127. Keep the gospel granolas or something similar in the car at all times.
128. Buy a new metronome … not the digital kind.
129. Pre-plan Easter study by Feb and have all supplies gathered and ready.
130. Have a pencil sharpener mounted to wall in laundry room?
131. Keep well stocked pencils and school supplies in boxes in the girls desk at all times which are only allowed to play during school time.
132. Keep a box of pencils, colors, markers, paints, arts and crafts to be used during free time or whenever they want to create. (In kitchen cabniet).
133. Participate in Christmas Around the World and have the girls prepare their speeches.
134. Have new “calling cards” made for the girls.
135. Find ballet class for M.L.
136. Hang quilts on walls.
137. Put in flower bed at front door.
138. Put in square foot garden spaces in back.
139. Make individual folder for homeschool, ideas, home mgmt, field trips, classes, etc…
140. paint bookself and dresser in master bedroom
141. paint knobs for girls pink dresser in gingham.
142. paint unfinished dresser in girls rooms.
143. go on week vacation to Floridia with hubby and girls…
144. Have dining room table chairs re-covered
145. Finish painting blackboard wall. One more coat!
146. Finish painting kitchen.
147. Take old VHS to recycle.
148. Set up workboxes for girls.
149. Read and update list every month
oops…I think I went over 101 … now how could that happen….I always did have a hard time following directions! 😉
Read Full Post »